A partner qualified in the UK and USA, Mei-Ling is an experienced litigator with a reputation for trouble-shooting and crisis management. Recognised by The Legal 500 UK as “extremely knowledgeable” Mei-Ling “gives no-nonsense advice”, helping clients navigate and overcome threats to their businesses, providing management and business advice as well as legal expertise.
Mei-Ling specialises in health and social care as well as commercial litigation and regularly advises care homes, home care agencies, supported living providers, dentists, GPs and drug and alcohol rehabilitation centres on the myriad of challenges they face.
Mei-Ling’s experience includes:
- advising in regard to breach of warranty claims after the sale of shares in a business
- successful mediation of a long-running partnership dispute within a family business
- successful mediation of a dispute relating to the denial of insurance cover and the professional negligence of an insurance broker
- contract disputes regarding the provision of services
- numerous challenges to CQC inspection reports for care providers, GP’s and dentists, increasing ratings of inadequate and requires improvement
- assisting care providers to maintain and achieve outstanding ratings
- successful appeals to the First Tier (Care Standards) Tribunal of Notices of Decision to cancel the registration of care services
- successfully contesting a Notice of Proposal to refuse registration for a dental practice
- advising care associations in regard to fees negotiations with local authorities
- helping care providers get paid by local authorities, CCG’s and private funders
- advising a provider in regard to a safeguarding whole service review and CQC Notice of Decision to cancel registration, including an appeal to the First Tier Tribunal
- bringing two successful judicial review cases against a local authority in relation to care home fees
Mei is frequently featured in articles and publications focusing on the care sector.