A partner qualified in the UK and the USA, Mei-Ling joined us in September 2017 from a Bristol law firm. For over 10 years, she has specialised in health and social care and commercial litigation and has advised a variety of healthcare sector clients including care homes, home care agencies, supported living providers, dentists, GPs and drug and alcohol rehabilitation centres.
Mei-Ling is an experienced litigator with as reputation for helping her clients solve any problem that comes along in the context of their business. Recognised by The Legal 500 UK as “extremely knowledgeable about her area” Mei-Ling “gives no-nonsense advice”, helping clients navigate and overcome threats to their businesses and manage crises, providing legal expertise as well as management and business advice.
Mei-Ling’s recent experience includes:
- challenging a CQC inspection report and increasing two “inadequate” ratings to “requires improvement”, preventing the provider from going into special measures
- challenging a CQC inspection report and persuading CQC to increase three ratings of “requires improvement” to “good”
- assisting a provider to persuade CQC to increase its rating from “good” to “outstanding” for two services
- contesting a Notice of Proposal to refuse registration for a dental practice and securing registration for the practice
- making representations on a Notice of Proposal to cancel the registration of a home care service and helping the provider retain its registration
- making representations on a Notice of Proposal to cancel the registration of a nursing home and helping the provider retain its registration
- advising a group of providers and care association in regard to fees negotiations with a local authority
- advising a provider with regards to a safeguarding whole service review and CQC notice of decision to cancel registration, including an appeal to the First Tier Tribunal
- bringing two successful judicial review cases against a local authority in relation to care home fees
- Mei is also frequently featured in articles and publications focusing on the care industry.