World Mental Health Day | Managing your employees’ mental health and wellbeing with Mind in the City - London, 10 October 2018
This year, 10 October 2018, marks “World Mental Health Day”. With research showing that mental ill health costs UK businesses £42 billion each year, what is your organisation doing to manage employee mental health, engagement, productivity and sickness absence?
If your role includes HR or you’re a manager, maintaining mental health & wellbeing within your workforce can be difficult when you’re not medically trained. How do you curb sickness absence and ensure that the business isn’t exposed to an employment tribunal claim?
Join Catherine Hawkes and Mind in the City on World Mental Health Day as we team up to run a course on managing mental health in the workplace. Learn from our experts and other like-minded professionals about creating a supportive culture surrounding mental health. Our Mind in the City trainer, Hana Villar, and Catherine Hawkes, Employment Solicitor, will be covering the following topics:
Part 1: Mental Health awareness (Morning)
- how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health concerns in your team
- how to have sensitive conversations with staff and build a supportive culture
- where to signpost staff to professional external help
- how to support and manage staff experiencing stress
- how to remain resilient to dealing with mental health issues at work.
Part 2: Employment law (Afternoon)
- what your legal obligations are as an employer
- how to avoid disability discrimination and other employment claims
- how to manage sickness absence / capability
- how to obtain medical evidence and what questions to ask
- when to make reasonable adjustments.
Detailed workbooks (with practical scenarios), breakfast and lunch are all provided during the day.
Date: Wednesday 10 October 2018
Time: 9.30am – 4.00pm
Cost: £220 plus VAT. There is a 10% discount for tickets booked before 28 September 2018.
For any further information regarding our training day, please contact our Employment team on:
0800 051 8054 firstname.lastname@example.org