Considering a personal injury claim? There are funding options available.

‘You can explore funding options before you go ahead with a personal injury claim.’

If you are thinking about bringing a personal injury claim, funding will be a concern. We often act on the basis of a no win, no fee agreement or can look into alternative funding arrangements which would give you the same peace of mind.

Looking into ways of funding a personal injury claim

You’ll need to talk to us to get the full picture, but here are some of the options for funding a personal injury claim.

  • ‘No win, no fee’ agreement
    A ‘no win, no fee’ agreement, also known as a Conditional Fee Agreement, helps protect you from financial risk when making a claim. This means that if you lose your case, you do not have to pay our costs. Your opponent’s costs are paid by insurance that we will arrange on your behalf.
  • Legal expenses insurance
    You may have the benefit of legal expenses insurance which typically covers the cost of a wide variety of legal work including accident claims. We will explore this with you to make sure that you are able to instruct the solicitor you choose, rather than the one your insurer wants you to have.
  • Legal Aid
    Legal Aid cover is available for accident claims, but only in certain circumstances, such as medical accidents. Royds Withy King is one of a limited number of firms that has been awarded a Legal Aid Franchise to represent accident victims through Legal Aid funding.
  • Private Funding
    Private funding (where you pay the solicitor directly) is an option, but is rarely the best alternative for you.

Our credentials

“What the team is known for: Somerset-based practice that comes recommended for its focus on spinal cord and brain injuries. Also offers niche expertise in areas such as fatal accidents and animal cases. Strengths (Quotes mainly from clients): “They are all very approachable and friendly, and I think that’s the culture that exists throughout the firm. They are a close-knit team.” “They have that mentality of looking after the client first as opposed to their own interests. They always do what’s best for the client.” Notable practitioners: Stuart Brazington (Band 1) offers particular expertise in serious spinal cord and brain injury cases. According to one interviewee, he “knows his cases extremely well” and “has good judgement about which points are likely to be important.” Mark Hambleton (Associate to watch) covers a broad range of personal injury matters, including animal cases, sports injuries and motorcycle accidents. Sources describe him as “always very impressive” and note that he’s “very good with clients.””  Chambers 2017 Somerset

“What the team is known for: Outstanding personal injury practice adept at handling an impressive breadth of claims, including equine matters, industrial disease cases and cycling accidents. Notable expertise in chronic pain and fatal accident cases, as well as offering significant experience in catastrophic injury claims. Strengths (Quotes mainly from clients): “They were all empathetic but businesslike, and this formed absolutely the right mixture. Their advice was delivered to me in exactly the right way.” “They were brilliant and supportive.” Work highlights Acted for a professional jockey in a claim arising from a racing accident in Australia that resulted in complete paraplegia. The case was partially tried at the Royal Courts of Justice in London. Advised the widow of a man killed by a bullock, bringing precedent-setting liability claims under the Animals Act. Notable practitioners: Ian Carrier (Band 1) offers extensive expertise in catastrophic injuries, with a particular focus on spinal and brain claims. Impressed clients describe him as “very experienced and knowledgeable,” and note that he “has a genuine interest in you as a person.” He is also praised for his creative approach to complex cases. Tracy Norris-Evans (Band 1) draws on a wealth of experience in severe injury claims, including paediatric cases and those involving complex neurological issues. She frequently acts as a trustee in high-value settlements. According to one impressed source, Helen Childs (Band 2) was “absolutely superb from the outset” and had “phenomenal attention to detail.” She is held in high regard for her focus on major asbestos-related claims.” Chambers 2017 Oxford and Surrounds

“Royds Withy King sits on the panels for the United Kingdom Acquired Brain Injury Forum and Headway. Department head Louise Hart handles amputation, orthopaedic injuries, chronic pain, PTSD and facial injury matters. Stuart Brazington is also recommended.” Legal 500 2016 South West

“Royds Withy King, Tracy Norris-Evans is renowned for brain injury and paediatric work, and ‘shrewd lawyer and tactician’ Richard Brooks specialises in claims involving animals. Also recommended are Ian Carrier, who is adept in spinal injury claims; and Helen Childs, who leads the industrial diseases practice.” Legal 500 2016 South East

Contact us if you're concerned about funding a potential personal injury claim, call us on 0800 923 2068 or email We offer a free initial interview and will explore how your case could be funded.

I have been dealing with Royds Withy King for over a year, and, I truly have no regrets to my decision. Any time that I've needed to speak to Rachel Jones (my solicitor), she has always made time for me, been up front and honest with every response - to the point of cutting out any jargon, thus, letting me know exactly where I stand. I highly recommend these guys to everybody.
Royds Withy King client

Get in touch