• Free initial chat on whether you have a claim
  • No win, no fee funding available
  • Support to find the right treatments for you
  • Office in the centre of Swindon

We can call you back, or speak to us now on 0800 923 2080

Substandard medical care changes people’s lives. If you’ve experienced medical treatment that was negligent, a claim for compensation may help to get your life – or that of someone in your family – back on track.

Understandably, when dealing with sensitive issues such as medical treatment, you want a personal service, and part of that is instructing a firm of solicitors local to you. So if you’re based in Swindon or the surrounding area, our expert medical negligence solicitors may be able to help you.

Our team have made successful claims against various local medical practitioners, the primary one being Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust as well as private hospitals and GP practices.

Unfortunately it is not always possible to restore life to exactly as it was before yours or your loved one’s injury, but our team have the specialist knowledge and experience to help you get as close as reasonably possible.

When might I have a claim for medical negligence?

If you have experienced medical care which has resulted in an injury, or a condition has been made worse as a result of treatment, then you may have a claim for medical negligence.

Ordinarily, a claim will need to be brought within three years of the alleged negligence, or three years from when you became aware of the alleged negligence.  However if you are bringing a claim for a child you will have until their 21st birthday to claim, and on behalf of an adult with mental difficulties there is no time limit.

Find out more about how we determine whether treatment has been negligent and all you need to know about making a claim in our comprehensive medical negligence guide here.

How much compensation might I receive for a claim?

The amount of compensation recovered for a claim depends on the particular injury you have suffered, so you will need to speak to us in order for us to advise you on this further. However, claims of maximum severity (for example those that involve life-changing brain injuries such as cerebral palsy) can settle for significant sums.

However, for more information on how compensation is calculated, take a look at our guide here.

How can I pay for my claim?

There are many different funding options available for medical negligence claims, including ‘no win, no fee’ (also known as a conditional fee agreement) where – should your claim be unsuccessful – you will have nothing to pay.

Find out more about how to fund a claim here.

How long will a claim take?

We aim to bring a claim to a successful conclusion as quickly as reasonably possible whilst maintaining a focus on maximum compensation, but the amount of time it will take depends on a number of different factors. For example, should the person or organisation you are claiming against deny liability, the case could take longer to resolve.

Find out more about the timescales of making a claim here.

Where in Swindon is Royds Withy King’s office?

Our Swindon office is based in the heart of Swindon, and just a short walk from the train station. If driving, you can find directions to our Swindon offices here, and we also have information on parking, which can be found here.

Our full address is:

Royds Withy King
34 Regent Circus

More from our team

Five post-bariatric surgery suggestions for eating...

Dr Mabel Blades, a Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist who has experience working with bariatric surgery patients, gives her tips for...


Caring for children with cerebral palsy in the mid...

Kerstin Scheel, partner in our Compensation Protection team, explains how the current lockdown is impacting upon those who need help to...


The Shrewsbury and Telford Maternity Review – a ...

Kerstin Scheel explains the current status of the Ockenden Review into Shrewsbury and Telford NHS Trust, and what you can do if you thi...


Read more on the Info Hub