- Remote will writing service
- Expert lawyers able to help today
- Stay safe during corovairus outbreak with 'non-contact witnessing'
- No need to delay, we can help you right now
How are we helping clients to make Wills during the Coronavirus pandemic?
In order to address the challenges resulting from the government’s necessary lock down and social distancing measures, our team of will writing solicitors have come up with a variety of solutions to assist clients. There is a guide on writing a will during lockdown, but we have highlighted the points below for your ease:
• No face to face meetings needed. Instead of our usual face-to-face meetings at the office, we are offering initial interviews via Skype or Zoom, meaning clients can remain within the safety of their own home throughout the process.
• We can make progress over the phone. We are also taking some Will instructions by telephone, however this is mainly for simple wills and is subject to ensuring we can address the necessary identification requirements.
• Reducing the need for contact. We are providing clients with email questionnaires, so clients are able to start the process before the initial meeting and we can ensure we are fully prepared to address any complexities that may arise.
• Digital or postal communication, whatever you prefer. Once drafted, the wills are sent via email or, if necessary, by post, for our clients to review.
• Getting witnesses during social distancing. Two witnesses are required at the time the will is signed. This is seen as the most complicating factor in the process, given the need to maintain social distancing at this time. We can discuss with clients what options may be available for them. We have suggested solutions including the involvement of neighbours who would witness at a distance, either at the end of a path or through a window – which is possible provided there is a consistent line of sight during the process of each person signing.
Please note: If you have concerns for a family member with a serious illness at this time, please contact us to discuss what options may be available.