An employment lawyer on your side when you need it
‘It helps to get practical yet sympathetic employment law advice when a work situation is stressing you out’
Your work is likely to be a large and important part of your life. When a difficult work situation puts your wellbeing and finances at risk, a specialist employment lawyer can help. At Royds Withy King, we can provide employment law advice which will help you to avoid costly mistakes and protect your interests. From employment tribunals to discrimination at work, you can trust us to help you resolve your situation quickly.
Employment law advice with your interests at heart
Our employment lawyers are adept at dealing with difficult situations. We have a wealth of experience representing both employers and employees and are skilled at finding creative yet practical solutions to tricky employment law problems. As an employee, you may need expert and prompt employment law advice in these situations:
- If your employer is offering you a settlement agreement, we will act fast and go through the agreement terms line by line to make sure you’re getting the best deal possible
- You might be a victim of discrimination at work. Discrimination cases can be highly complex and sensitive. A Royds Withy King employment lawyer will provide you with advice which is pragmatic yet sympathetic
- You will benefit from specialist employment law advice in a redundancy situation. Being made redundant can be stressful and upsetting, and we’ll be there to make sure you are being treated fairly
- Facing a disciplinary meeting can be distressing. An experienced employment lawyer can help you prepare for a hearing, analyse your case and advise you on potential claims against your employer if necessary
- When you submit a grievance at work, your employer should invite you to a grievance hearing. Employment law advice can help you prepare for the initial meeting, analyse your employer’s response and help with a subsequent claim if necessary
- Taking your employer to an Employment Tribunal is usually the last resort when other ways of dealing with a problem at work have failed. As employment tribunal solicitors, we can help you prepare your case and take you through all the stages of the process, from assessing your case to representing your interests at the hearing.
Employment solicitors tailoring their service to you
Our employment law advice is direct, pragmatic and sympathetic. We aim to help you resolve a difficult situation quickly and with minimum fuss, at costs that are transparent and explained to you at the outset.
“What the team is known for: Handles a full range of employment matters including advice in relation to employee shareholder schemes, business restructuring and employment litigation. Strengths (Quotes mainly from clients): “They are a brilliant team and great support for businesses. They’re also very friendly and approachable.” Work highlights Advised an individual in an appeal at the Employment Appeal Tribunal brought by Oxfordshire County Council, who appealed an Employment Tribunal judgment that the individual had been subjected to unlawful whistle-blowing detriments. Notable practitioners: Mark Emery (Band 3) has experience advising claimants and respondents on employment litigation, as well as working with businesses on general advisory matters. Sources say he “provides excellent advice and documentation.” Lauren Harkin (Associate to watch) is known among her clients for her “excellent understanding of employment law.” She is experienced in defending Employment Tribunal proceedings involving all aspects of discrimination. Malcolm Gregory is a Recognised Practitioner.” Chambers 2017 Thames Valley
“Richard White (Band 2) of Royds Withy King “has been superb in his approach, exceedingly knowledgeable and really understands business,” according to one client. He regularly advises employers on matters such as redundancies, discrimination cases and business transfers.” Chambers 2017 South West
“Royds Withy King provides ‘practical advice that is easy to understand’. It handles all aspects of employment law, including discrimination issues, complex redundancies, re-organisations, business transfers, whistleblowing and TUPE transfers. The practice acts for a number of plcs as well as SME businesses, focusing on the social care, professional services, manufacturing, technology, transport and rail sectors. Recent highlights include advising a waste management company on a complex restructure which involved a contentious director exit with aspects of whistleblowing and age discrimination, and acting for a large furniture manufacturer in relation to proposed industrial action by a trade union following changes to shift patterns. Partner Richard White is ‘very responsive, approachable and provides a good sounding board for employment related issues’; he ‘offers pragmatic common sense advice at all times’. Malcolm Gregory heads the team and advises on all employment law aspects. Partner James Sage is experienced in disciplinary action and dismissals, sickness, performance management and grievances. Lauren Harkin was promoted to partner and handles employment tribunal claims, exit packages and TUPE transfers. Key clients include Airsprung Group, Blue Marlin Brand Design, Churchill Investments, Clarion (GB), Novia Financial, Ohasi Technica (UK) and Salters Hill Charity.” Legal 500 2018 South West
“The team at Royds Withy King is ‘always attentive, knowledgeable and proactive’, and is noted for its advice to clients in life science, education, professional services and the electronics and technology sector. Oxford-based partner Kate Benefer has proven experience in dealing with complex collective issues, business reorganisations and TUPE, and regularly advises businesses and senior executives on all aspects of employment law. Swindon-based national employment head Malcolm Gregory spends time in Oxford, primarily assisting large companies with difficult issues arising from transactions or reorganisations. Associate Paul Hayward joined the team from dph legal, while Mark Emery left to join Freeths LLP.” Legal 500 2016 South East