From complex transactions to finance agreements, we have the legal expertise
We have extensive experience in drafting standard bank lending documents for both corporate and individual lending (together with procedural guides for their use) by bank branch networks (facilities agreements, mortgages, guarantees, pledges, charges on deposits, debentures, factoring agreements and other financial instruments).
Needless to say, we use our expertise to act for borrowers as well!
In the event of default or a dispute arising and recovery or other action being required, then our Dispute Resolution Team can provide specialist and cost effective representation whether the issue is large or small. We act in all manner of banking and finance disputes in the Courts in England and Wales and in domestic and international arbitrations.
Our Insolvency Team is also on hand to advise in situations involving company liquidation or administration and individual bankruptcy. This will frequently involve taking appropriate steps to protect or realise assets and securities.
Recent experience includes the following:
- US$23.5m multi-currency loan for purchase of UK manufacturing company and £3m working capital facility to the target.
- Acted for State Bank of India in successfully defending a claim by the Liquidators of BCCI (BCCI v. State Bank of India  EWHC 1868 CH).
- US$100m development facility for offshore oilfield finance.
- Stand-by letter of credit facilities by two lenders as part of a US$130m secured project arrangement by the IFC to finance acquisition of liquid petroleum gas interests.
- US$12m secondary market participation in a US$48m loan to a shipping company.