Our specialist Venture Capital & Private Equity team supports academics, entrepreneurs, founders and management teams on venture capital investment and equity fundraising transactions, from start-up / seed funding rounds to larger institutional syndicated investments.
We aim to build lasting relationships with our clients and to deliver quick and effective advice for early stage and high growth companies which is matched by clear, transparent fee arrangements.
The team, backed by specialist colleagues in our full-service firm, is proud to support the commercialisation of world-class ideas and has particular expertise acting for university spin-out companies from the University of Oxford.
We also deliver commercially focussed, pragmatic advice to both investors and management teams on private equity investments and buy-outs, and work with a variety of private equity backed portfolio companies.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising male skincare and makeup brand Shakeup Cosmetics on its initial funding round, securing investment from the experienced entrepreneurs behind the UK’s fastest growing kids food brand Kiddylicious.
- Advising Oxford Genetics (trading as OXGENETM), an Oxford based biotechnology business which specialises in biological drug development, on various investment rounds including a £6.5 million syndicated investment.
- Advising the management team of Cellmark Forensic Services, a national provider of specialist forensic and DNA testing services, on the management buyout of the company.
- Advising the management team of Argosy Components, a specialist supplier to the broadcast and communications industries, on the management buyout of the company.
- Advising the management team of business communications provider Gradwell Communications on a private equity backed management buy-in.