Corporate governance lawyers
Our corporate governance lawyers frequently advise individual directors and boards on a range of corporate governance issues and on their duties as directors. Our lawyers assist our clients in ensuring that they are compliant with their corporate governance requirements.
We are often asked what is meant by “corporate governance”. Whilst there is no formal definition, the term broadly captures the rules, practices and processes by which a company is directed and controlled. It is intended to ensure a company has appropriate documentation and procedures in place to comply with legislative and regulatory requirements, the company’s constitution and best practice in the relevant industry.
Get your organisation ready for investors
The importance of good corporate governance is often apparent when a company is seeking investment. Potential investors will likely require evidence of a company’s procedures and processes and a comprehensive corporate governance regime sends the right message to investors.
Our corporate governance lawyers advise on matters including:
- directors’ duties and liabilities
- supporting and preparing documents for board and shareholder meetings
- reviewing companies’ constitutional documents
- reviewing internal policies relating to anti-bribery, anti-corruption & data protection
- advising on filing requirements under the Companies Act 2006
- assisting with company secretarial matters
- providing general training and practical advice on good governance
“A go-to team for owner-managed and smaller listed companies“
– 500 2018 quote