Always ahead of a sector that’s always on the move
The UK is a leading European travel, transport and tourism hub – with four airports and significant traffic through the Port of London authority as well as a network of railway and road connections to the rest of the UK.
The owners and operators within the sector must manage a myriad of challenges including:
- capital intensive infrastructure, property portfolios and fleets
- sophisticated international finance and insurance arrangements
- increasing regulatory constraints
- environmental impact
- international legal systems and jurisdiction issues
- employment law issues
- increasing competition – particularly from low cost and overseas operators
- the market-changing impact of the Internet
- continued pressure from consumers on pricing and ever reducing margins
For many years we have worked with a number of specialist events companies who put together packages including transport and accommodation (see pubs, hotels and restaurants section) for major business customers. This requires experienced commercial lawyers with strong international connections.