Legal advice for gyms, fitness studios & sports clubs
The rise of the health-conscious consumer and the growing buying power of millennials has resulted in a significant growth in the fitness and leisure sector in the last few years.
With an increasingly saturated marketplace however, commercial and pragmatic advice is needed to keep you ahead of your competitors and avoid the pitfalls of operating in a fast-changing business environment.
Whether you are a single-site operator or a fast growing chain of studios, gyms or club, our team have a depth of expertise in providing advice on:
- occupational agreements including short term leases and licences for studios and longer term agreements for permanent sites
- ancillary occupational issues such as landlord consent for alterations, break notices and surrenders
- the acquisition and disposal of property sites and the implications of TUPE
- enforcement of leasehold obligations and protecting yourself against them
- both junior and executive level staffing issues including disciplinary, grievance and redundancy processes including the reviewing and drafting employee handbooks
- business immigration advice in relation to employing foreign nationals and employees’ rights to work in the UK
- corporate structures and the buying and selling of businesses
- franchise agreements
- commercial contracts and terms and conditions
- data protection and GDPR
- intellectual property, trade marks and designs.
Our long and established background in sport
We are delighted to be working with Bath Rugby Club on the Stadium for Bath project. This is an exciting and complex project about delivering a new home for Bath Rugby, regenerating the riverside in the heart of Bath, creating wider sporting and city benefits, building a brilliant legacy for all and preserving the beauty of a UNESCO world heritage city.
Our ongoing advice on the club’s planned £20m redevelopment of all its playing facilities in the center of Bath utilities our planning, construction, title and charity issues expertise.