Legal advice for the the hotel industry
The demands on your hotel mean that from time to time you will need to seek legal advice, but the type of guidance you require could vary greatly. This is why you need legal support that can call upon a deep resource of experts, but at the same time deliver a highly specialised and specific type of advice – unique to your business area within the hotel industry.
From site acquisition and development procurement, HR and management issues, commercial contracts, re-financing and acquisitions of established businesses to its sale – our Leisure & Hospitality lawyers are able to advise and guide with commercial efficiency.
We regularly advise on:
- the sale and acquisition of hotels and guest houses
- the implications of TUPE and assistance with the information and consultation process
- leases and operating agreements
- re-financing and re-structuring property portfolios
- securing bank finance for developers
- reviewing/drafting employee contracts and handbooks
- business immigration advice in relation to employing foreign nationals and
- employees rights to work in the UK
- commercial contract terms
- website terms and conditions
- corporate structures
- data protection
- enforcement of lease covenants and operating agreement obligations
Recent success stories
Millennium & Copthorne Hotels
Our Employment & HR team advise Millennium & Copthorne Hotels, a FTSE listed company, which operates over 120 hotels in Europe, Asia, Australasia, the Middle East and North America.
We provide assistance to the group on a wide range of employment issues, including employment contracts and other documentation governing the employment relationship, through to acting for the hotel on contentious matters.
Baglioni Hotels & Resorts Kensington, London
Royds Withy King’s Real Estate team recently acted on behalf of international luxury hoteliers, Baglioni Hotels & Resorts.
With hotels in the Maldives, Florence and throughout Italy, our team advised on the renewal of the 5 star Kensington hotel’s lease in addition to advice on licences for improvement and refurbishment works to the hotel over the coming years.