Selling a care business
When selling a care business, the key to success is to plan ahead. Our specialist social care lawyers will work closely with you at every stage of the process.
- Helping you prepare
If you are able to provide your buyer with organised and complete documentation in response to their investigations into the business, the sale will run more smoothly and costs will be minimised. We can provide you with a list of documents we expect the buyer will want to see so you can prepare in advance.
- Part of your team
Our lawyers will form part of your team from day one, working with your other professional advisors to ensure that the sale is structured in the most tax efficient and cost effective way. We are always at the ready to explain our process and answer your questions.
- Protecting your interests
When acting for a seller, it is vital to ensure that you are protected from a breach of warranty claim and can exit your business as cleanly as possible. We will work with you to limit your exposure, carry out a full disclosure process and negotiate appropriate limitations of liability into the contract.
- Asset sale of 40 bed residential care home in the South West for regional operator for £4.8m
- Share sale of domiciliary care business in Dorset for £450,000
- Share sale of neuro-rehabilitation unit in Wales for £4.5m
- Share sale of 30 bed nursing home in Gloucestershire for multi-home operator for £2.1m