Safeguarding investigations and safeguarding adults reviews
Managing safeguarding concerns is a necessary part of operating a care business. If the local authority starts an investigation, it can be a worrying and stressful time for providers. You must act promptly, get a grip on the investigation from the outset and ensure the local authority follows its policy and complies with the Care Act 2014 to minimise the risk of a prolonged process and damage to your business reputation.
We have substantial expertise advising providers on safeguarding investigations and can assist with the following:
- Making statutory notifications and referrals
- Attending safeguarding meetings
- Liaising with commissioners and CQC
- Ensuring a fair and proportionate process is followed by the local authority
- Preparing Action Plans
- Advising on staff-related issues, such as suspension, performance management, and the disciplinary process
- Challenging and negotiating embargos
- Managing reputational damage
- Advice on Safeguarding Adults Reviews and preparing Individual Management Reports
- Advised a multi-nursing home provider in Devon on managing a safeguarding investigation in which the local authority acted outside of their policies and procedures and assisted the provider with a subsequent complaint to the Local Ombudsman which was upheld.
- Advised a domiciliary care provider in London on safeguarding investigation in which member of the local authority safeguarding panel was conflicted to the detriment of our client. Successfully argued for the removal of the conflicted person from the safeguarding board and a new panel to be instated.