Legal advice for sales and acquisitions
Our expertise in care home sales and acquisitions ranges from acting for large national and regional names to new entrants and single site operators.
Our sector knowledge is second to none. We know exactly what the potential pitfalls are in a care transaction and how to protect our clients from them, ensuring that the deal runs smoothly, cost effectively and to time.
Get an adaptive and proactive legal strategy started
We have experience of deals of all sizes and adapt our approach and advice accordingly. We are one of few firms to have repeat experience of working on REIT deals.
We know and work with many of the specialist sector professionals including agents, accountants, lawyers and banks. We make sure that communication on a transaction is good from the outset and wherever possible we pick up the phone to resolve issues.
Our in-house expertise in CQC registration and compliance is an added benefit. Our team is at hand to advise should there be questions or issues around CQC during the transaction.
- Advised in the sale of Values in Care, a complex residential care group comprising 18 homes to Swanton Community Care;
- Assisted regional operator in the purchase of 10 homes, 3 of which were subject to management agreements;
- Acted for Gold Care Homes in the transfer of 18 care homes to new operating companies and subsequent share sale of holding company for £85m+ to a US REIT;
- Acted for multi-home national operator in the purchase of a distressed home for +£3m;
- Acted for four- home group in share sale to regional operator for £9m;
- Acted for retirement village operator in the share sale of the entire site for c. £7m.
- Acted for numerous first time buyers in the purchase of homes including advising on CQC registration, financing and the acquisition.
“We have worked with the Social Care team at Royds Withy King for over 10 years. As a result, we were confident the team would be able to deliver the right level of support during a complex reorganisation and share sale of our group companies and the ultimate sale and leaseback of 18 of our homes to an American investor.
We are delighted with the outcome of the deal and with the guidance and advice provided by partners, Paul Daniels, Hazel Phillips and their teams on the property, corporate and regulatory aspects of the transaction.”
Sukhi Gidar, Gold Care Homes
“Thank you very much! A huge thank you to you and your team for your patience and professionalism on what was an interesting journey!”
Sandra Joyce, Sandringham Care