Legal expertise for social care providers
Our specialist social care lawyers have an in-depth understanding of the key issues affecting the sector. Our aim is to become part of your trusted team. We take the time to understand your business and we are always on hand to provide expert, practical and cost-effective advice when you need it.
Our range of legal and regulatory services for care providers
The changing legal and regulatory landscape in which care providers operate means owners and managers face a constant challenge to keep up, ensure compliance and maintain profitability.
We have vast experience advising on a complete range of legal and regulatory issues, acting for all types of care organisations, including, nursing and residential homes, retirement villages, housing associations and domiciliary care and supported living providers.
Our experience of advising social care providers includes:
- Advising a care provider charity on a whistleblowing; safeguarding and disciplinary matter.
- Successfully challenging a CQC inspection report and increasing the overall rating from Requires Improvement to Good.
- Advising and representing a group of providers in contract and fee negotiations with a local authority
- Advising a specialist care provider involved in a safeguarding investigation and Safeguarding Adults Review.
- Advising a leading healthcare provider with a chain of over 25 care homes on financial restructuring and secured lending by National Westminster Bank plc and Barclays Bank plc
- Acting for a national care home provider on purchase of over 30 care and nursing home businesses.
- Advising a care home operator on development funding and construction procurement issues.
- Advising national and regional retirement village operators on site acquisition, construction procurement, unit sales and portfolio management issues.