Legal advice for social care providers
Our specialist social care lawyers have an in-depth understanding of the key issues affecting the sector. Our aim is to become part of your trusted team. We take the time to understand your business and we are always on hand to provide expert, practical and cost-effective advice when you need it.
Our range of legal and regulatory services for care providers
The changing legal and regulatory landscape in which care providers operate means owners and managers face a constant challenge to keep up, ensure compliance and maintain profitability.
We have vast experience advising on a complete range of legal and regulatory issues, acting for all types of care organisations, including, nursing and residential homes, retirement villages, housing associations and domiciliary care and supported living providers.
Our experience of advising social care providers includes:
- Challenging a CQC inspection report and increasing two inadequate ratings to requires improvement, preventing the provider from going into special measures.
- Assisting a provider to persuade CQC to increase its rating from good to outstanding in two services.
- Persuading CQC not to use the urgent procedure to suspend or impose conditions on providers’ registrations.
- Making representations on a Notice of Proposal to refuse registration for a manager and succeeding in getting the manager registered.
- Making representations on a Notice of Proposal to cancel the registration of a home care service and helping the provider retain its registration.
- Making representations on a Notice of Proposal to cancel the registration of a nursing home and helping the provider retain its registration.
- Providing training to directors and managers on CQC’s regulatory requirements.
- Representing a care provider in the First Tier Tribunal, full service safeguarding review and coordinating with their criminal solicitors in relation to a criminal investigation.