Posted by Jennifer Sampson, Associate
Oxfordshire Economic Question Time – Video Interviews
Royds Withy King recently hosted it’s third Economic Question Time event in conjunction with HSBC and Shaw Gibbs at the SAID Business School.
Attended by over 100 business leaders, directors of owner-managed businesses and fellow professionals from across the county; guests listened to keynote speaker Mark Berrisford-Smith, HSBC’s Head of Economics, give his annual update on the economy and what it means for local businesses and Oxfordshire. After the keynote Mark joined an Experts’ Panel comprising of Royds Withy King’s Richard Baxter, Partner and Oxford Head of Corporate and Commercial, Shaw Gibbs’ Lorna Watson, Audit Director and Cotswold Business and Professional Life, Nicky Godding, Business Editor once again expertly chaired by Oxford West and Abingdon MP Nicola Blackwood.
Throughout the event, we conducted a series of key stakeholders interviews with contributions from:
- Dan Knowles, MD of The Mary Knowles Homecare Partnership
- Jayne Woodley, CEO of Oxfordshire Community Foundation
- Richard Baxter, Royds Withy King
- Lorna Watson, Shaw Gibbs
- Pete O’Connell, MD of Shaw Gibbs
- Richard Venables, Partner from VSL Limited
- Ed Braclik, Sales Director from Frontline Developments
- Nicola Blackwood, MP
- Kate Allen, MD of Allen Associations
- Nicky Godding, Cotswolds Business & Professional Life
The videos look at diverse issues ranging from the growth of apprenticeships in Oxfordshire, availability of finance, challenges that businesses faced in the county, how businesses were faring in the current economic climate to the challenges faced by the charity and voluntary sector.
Corporate & Commercial
Our corporate lawyers will get you the right deal and protect your business, now and in the future