Terry has a wealth of experience in the construction sector, having previously run his own contractor business and worked on a number of projects in the UK and Europe. He qualified as a solicitor in 2013 and worked at Mogers Drewett LLP, before joining Royds Withy King in September 2016.
Terry quickly gets to grips with highly complex matters. His extensive experience of construction disputes includes:
- resolving payment disputes including application, valuation and notification
- claims for extensions of time and loss and expense, including LADs
- suspension and termination of contracts
- professional negligence claims
- construction dispute resolution and negotiation including adjudication, mediation, litigation and arbitration
- international arbitration.
Terry assisted with a successful application in the High Court of Justice, in support of a Swiss arbitration. The application was to obtain injunctive relief, restraining any calls being made on performance bonds and payment guarantees. This involved an unprecedented exercise of the English Court’s powers under s. 44 of the Arbitration Act 1996 to grant interim injunctive relief in support of wholly foreign arbitral proceedings.
Terry is an avid cyclist and has taken part in a number of fundraising events including the Dragon L’Etape Wales by Le Tour de France. He has also been a mentor for underprivileged young people for many years.