Sobiah studied International Relations and Politics and obtained a Graduate Diploma in Law from Oxford Brookes University. Sobiah then went on to complete the Legal Practice Course at University of Law.
Sobiah trained and qualified at Reeds Solicitors in Oxford in 2016. She has experience in dealing with all aspects of Family law. Prior to joining Royds Withy King, Sobiah worked at Spratt Endicott Solicitors as a family solicitor and managed their Bicester office.
Sobiah’s experience includes:
- Advising clients on divorce, separation and judicial separation
- Financial settlements on divorce and separation. Negotiating in and out of Court settlements involving Trusts, Companies, Pension Assets and property abroad.
- Pre and Postnuptial Agreements
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Arrangements for children, Public and Private Children Law. Assisting clients with Child Arrangement Orders, Prohibited Steps Orders and Specific Issue Orders. Representing clients at court where necessary.
- International child relocation cases
- Domestic abuse injunctions, Non Molestation Orders, Occupation Order and Formed Marriage Protection Orders
- Change of name deeds
Sobiah also works with the Citizens Advice Bureau providing family law advice to their clients.
Sobiah is a member of Resolution and on the committee for Oxford Resolution.