Richard joined Royds Withy King in May 2018 as a partner in the Real Estate team and is based in our Bath office. He covers all aspects of commercial real estate but largely specialises in investment and development work.
Richard acts for institutional investors, national developers and occupiers in connection with investment and development work alongside their other property requirements such as landlord and tenant. His experience includes working with family offices and personal investors as well as fund work and representing larger scale landowners/occupiers and developers.
Richard’s work highlights include:
- sale of the Pirelli UK site in Carlisle following the development of additional factory space and associated lease regears
- pre-let and forward sale, with development funding, of 1 College Square, Bristol
- freehold acquisition and development of a new Sainsbury’s supermarket in Wombourne
- various investment acquisitions and disposals for institutional investors and pension funds
- advising on the major mixed-use regeneration scheme for Bristol Harbourside
- representing various corporate occupiers in connection with HQ relocations and general tenant matters.
Out of work, Richard spends time with his young family and enjoys outdoor life and sport, especially rugby, golf and cycling. Along with country walks and barbeques with family and friends, he is also enjoying getting to grips with the new pizza oven at home!