Phil was formerly a commissioned officer in the RAF so it’s no surprise that he has a practical, no-nonsense approach to resolving conflicts.
The Legal 500 UK describes Phil and Chris Kane as ‘a dream team‘, who provide ‘advice which is legally and commercially sound, coupled with a robust approach to litigation‘. Chambers & Partners describes Phil as ‘commercial, practical, pragmatic and he doesn’t use unnecessary legal jargon‘, and recognise him as a “Leader in his field“.
Clients comment that Phil is ‘highly professional‘, gives ‘clear and concise advice’ and responds to the client’s needs in a ‘fast and efficient’ way.
He recognises that litigation is not always the best or most cost effective option and he is also a fully accredited and experienced mediator. Phil is also a member of the Construction & Engineering and Technology & Media sector groups and has extensive experience in dealing with both construction and IT/IP related disputes.
Phil has many years’ experience of resolving disputes, particularly in the following;
- acting for and advising insolvency practitioners, especially dealing with insolvency claims against Directors
- Intellectual Property disputes including copyright infringement, Trademark disputes and passing off actions
- multi-party construction claims involving developers, employers, contractors, sub-contractors and consultants
- disputes relating to high value commercial contracts
- breach of warranty and indemnity claims arising out of company sales and purchases
- director liability disputes, including where he successfully concluded an appeal to the House of Lords for a company director (Natural Life Health Foods v Mistlin (1998).
R3: Association of Business Recovery Professionals