Phil was formerly a commissioned officer in the RAF so it’s no surprise that he has a practical, no-nonsense approach to resolving conflicts. As a former RAF fighter controller, so is ideally qualified to assist in any drone law issues.
The Legal 500 UK describes Phil and Chris Kane as ‘a dream team‘, who provide ‘advice which is legally and commercially sound, coupled with a robust approach to litigation‘. Chambers & Partners describes Phil as ‘commercial, practical, pragmatic and he doesn’t use unnecessary legal jargon‘, and recognise him as a “Leader in his field“.
Clients comment that Phil is ‘highly professional‘, gives ‘clear and concise advice’ and responds to the client’s needs in a ‘fast and efficient’ way.
He recognises that litigation is not always the best or most cost effective option and he is also a fully accredited and experienced mediator. Phil is also a member of the Construction & Engineering and Technology & Media sector groups and has extensive experience in dealing with both construction and IT/IP related disputes.
Phil has many years’ experience of resolving disputes, particularly in the following;
- acting for and advising insolvency practitioners, especially dealing with insolvency claims against Directors
- Intellectual Property disputes including copyright infringement, Trademark disputes and passing off actions
- multi-party construction claims involving developers, employers, contractors, sub-contractors and consultants
- disputes relating to high value commercial contracts
- breach of warranty and indemnity claims arising out of company sales and purchases
- director liability disputes, including where he successfully concluded an appeal to the House of Lords for a company director (Natural Life Health Foods v Mistlin (1998).
R3: Association of Business Recovery Professionals