Peter has advised a significant number of FTSE 100 and 250 companies, SMEs, entrepreneurs and celebrities on a wide range of commercial legal issues areas such as:
- corporate acquisitions
- commercial arrangements and joint ventures
- commercial disputes and arbitration
- sponsorship and merchandising
- management agreements
- endorsement arrangements
- R&D and collaboration agreements
- IP protection and exploitation
- IT contracting and procurement
- banking and financial arrangements.
Leisure & Hospitality
Peter has specialised in the Leisure & Hospitality sector since 1992, working both at an Peter has specialised in the Leisure & Hospitality sector since 1992, working both at an operational level and advising strategically, including on management issues. He has been an advisor to the Restaurant Association, the British Hospitality Association and acts for various celebrity and noted chefs, including Michelin-starred chefs Raymond Blanc and Heston Blumenthal, as well as restaurants, hotels, members clubs, health and fitness operators and their suppliers.
He has held various non-executive directorships, including as Chairman of The Fat Duck group of restaurants.
Peter has particular expertise in the following areas:
- IP licensing and know-how agreements
- hotel and restaurant management agreements
- hotel and restaurant investment agreements
- hotel and restaurant acquisitions and developments
- commercial collaborations, partnerships and joint ventures
- establishment and operation of nightclubs and members clubs
- branding of leisure businesses
- arrangements for merchandising and media
- shareholder arrangements.
Peter is an Accredited Mediator and member of the Panel of Trade Mark Mediators of the International Trade Mark Association (INTA) and a panel Mediator for the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO). He has a particular expertise in advising on preparation for effective mediation and lectures on this topic internationally in the US, South East Asia, Western and Eastern Europe.
In the Art sector, Peter has advised clients in relation to art matters since the 1980s, variously acting for artists, gallery owners, dealers and agents, collectors and investors, domestically and internationally, on a wide range of issues. He advises on the purchase, sale, loan and consignment of artworks, on commissions for celebrities and on various commercial arrangements in the art market, as well as copyright and other intellectual property rights. He has acted in various art sector disputes, including as mediator.
INTA Panel of Trade Mark Mediators
WIPO Panel of Mediators