Nick joined our Property Disputes team in London in summer 2021. He has over 14 years of experience and specialises in leasehold enfranchisement, commercial landlord and tenant work, and acting for developers.
Nick has been recommended in property litigation in The Legal 500 UK which has described him as “technically strong” and “pragmatic” (Legal 500 2019). He is recognised in Chambers & Partners UK which comments that he “offers pragmatic advice” and is “technically exceptionally strong” (Chambers & Partners UK 2018). Clients state that “he is able to explain complicated legal matters in a way the client can understand” (Chambers & Partners UK 2021).
Throughout his career Nick has worked on a range of property matters. Some highlights of his career include:
- Securing substantial damages for an offshore trust company and owner of freehold commercial premises in London in a dispute with its tenant, a major bank, concerning the grant of third party rights to and/or sharing of occupation with a telecommunications company;
- Successfully defending an international freight cargo company in complex proceedings with an airport concerning commercial premises within the airport site;
- Acting for three offshore companies as flat owners of a prime central London block of 14 flats and commercial premises in an application for relief from forfeiture arising from proceedings brought by the head lessee against the clients’ immediate landlord;
- Representing the owner of a prime central London flat in a private prosecution under the Environmental Protection Act against a chain of London restaurants concerning noise and odour pollution caused by the restaurants.
- Property Litigation Association
- Law Society
Outside of work
Nick enjoys participating in and watching sports (and once worked as a court coverer at Wimbledon), as well as listening to and performing music. He sings for two early music choirs based in London and Cambridge.