Matthew qualified as a lawyer in April 2013 and has a strong academic background, having studied law at Southampton University and achieving a distinction in his Legal Practice Course.
He is well-regarded for his communication, case analysis and negotiation skills. Matthew understands client needs and can draw on his extensive legal experience as well as his previous experience as a Prosecutor for the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).
As a member of the Health and Social Care sector team, Matthew acts for care providers nationwide as well as number of charities. Other clients include social enterprise companies, tech start-ups and multi-nationals. His recent work includes:
- supporting HR teams on complex disciplinary and grievance matters
- advising on data breaches and subject access requests
- advising on a restructure and transfers across a group companies and multiple jurisdictions
- providing in-house training to HR teams
- successfully striking out a vexatious Employment Tribunal claim
- providing employment support upon the purchase and sale of a business
- resolving a complex and historical discrimination dispute
- negotiating a substantial exit package for a senior executive.
Matthew consistently receives excellent feedback and his clients praise his “extremely professional advice”, “guidance and knowledge” and his “determination” to resolve matters in often “difficult circumstances.”
Matthew is praised for going “above and beyond” to achieve the best outcome for clients and is described as “patient”, “supportive”, “good humoured” and “one of the best HR employment lawyer I have ever worked with” (source: client feedback).