Matthew joined our firm in January 2018. He trained at a mid-sized, full service regional firm in Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire and qualified into its Residential Property practice group in 2014, where he dealt with a wide variety of residential property matters, frequently for high net worth individuals. Matthew’s specialisms include:
- Open market sales and purchases of high value freehold and leasehold properties
- Purchases of residential properties by corporate bodies, with associated commercial finance
- Sales and purchases of auction properties
- Declarations of trust
- Transfers of equity, by agreement and in matrimonial proceedings
- Variations of leases and renewal leases, by agreement or via the statutory route
- Option agreements
- Sales by conditional contract
- Right-to-Buy purchases from local authorities
- Preparation of assured shorthold tenancy agreements
- First registrations of unregistered land
- Acquisition of freehold interests by tenants with absent landlords
Matthew read law at the Norwich Law School at the University of East Anglia, before obtaining his Post-graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (with Distinction) from the Oxford Institute of Legal Practice.
Outside of work, Matthew is a keen sportsman and enjoys playing football. He also enjoys travelling, cooking, reading and music.
I enjoy conveyancing because it is both technical and practical, enabling me to offer sound legal advice to my clients, but to also offer them sensible, and more often than not, successful solutions to their problems. Property law pervades into almost every individual or company's daily life. Essentially, conveyancing enables me to help people.