For the first 20 years of his career, Martin gained extensive and valuable experience advising clients on a wide range of both contentious and non-contentious matters and, in his early days as a solicitor, represented clients both in the civil and criminal courts. Since 1994, Martin has specialised in non–contentious real estate work and in the acquisition and disposal of business and companies mainly in the SME market. His real estate work has covered both freehold and leasehold transactions in retail, office, hotel and other licensed outlets.
Martin’s real estate work includes:
- acting for landlords and tenants in leasing all types of commecial premises
- acting in the sales and purchases of leasehold and freehold commercial property
- commercial lease renewals
- acting for banks and borrowers in secured lending arrangements
- acting for landlords and tenants on tenant lease assignments
- acting for landowners and developers in land promotion agreements
- negotiating and drafting options for developers and landowners.
Martin’s corporate work includes:
- acting in share and asset business acquisitions and disposals
- acting in company share buy backs
- negotiating and drafting shareholder agreements
- acting in company formations and business start ups