Marianne’s experience includes:
- consumer and commercial contract disputes – including sale of goods and services, consumer credit and product liability, building disputes
- debt recovery and insolvency
- professional negligence – solicitors, accountants and surveyors
- director, shareholder and partnership disputes
- residential, commercial and mortgage possession proceedings and forfeiture actions
- boundary, party wall, title and easement disputes, trespass actions.
Marianne prides herself on her ability to adapt to meet the needs of her wide variety of clients. She takes a pragmatic, no-nonsense and to the point approach but with the sensitivity that each different client situation requires. At all times, Marianne’s aim is to achieve a swift and cost effective solution to the clients’ issues and she fully understands that litigation is not always appropriate – she is an avid advocate for Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Marianne qualified in 2000 having worked for a year during her Business Law degree at Lewis & Potts in Richmond-upon-Thames gaining a 6 month exemption to her training contract through litigation experience. She then completed her training at Lemon&Co where Marianne became head of litigation before joining Royds Withy King following the merger of the two firms.