Lee acts for national and regional property companies. Much of his work involves delivering development schemes and generating income and profit share for landowners, public sector bodies and private developers through joint ventures.
Lee joined Royds Withy King in 2020 from Lyons Davidson where he was Head of Real Estate. Prior to that, he held roles at Bevan Brittan and DAC Beachcroft in Bristol. His experience will also strengthen our expertise in retirement village and healthcare development.
Lee’s wide experience of commercial property transactions includes:
- acting for a development company on the strategic land acquisition and development of a brownfield site in central Birmingham for the construction of 1,000 residential units and 30 retail and leisure units
- acting for a development company on the strategic land acquisition of a brownfield site in Wales for the construction of 400 residential units
- acted for a development company on the acquisition of land and buildings in central Southampton for the development of student accommodation comprising 125 units and 3,000 square foot of commercial space
- advising a local authority on the £130m development of a railway station front entrance, and a mixed-use scheme on adjoining land comprising 300 residential units and 12 commercial units in London
acting for a landowner on the £600m development of an office block, a multi-storey car park, a retail park and an events arena
advising a care home operator on the acquisition and development of a 66-bed home for dementia patients
- advising a local authority on the joint venture with a private developer to bring forward 32 mixed-used schemes to generate £500m income for the client
- acting for a development company to agree the terms of a corporate joint venture to deliver a housing scheme of 75 residential units
- acting for a funder on the £110m refinancing of an oil refinery
- advising a landowner on the disposal of land for the £650m development of a jetty, biomass plant and business park
- acting for an energy company on the acquisition and development of onshore wind farms and solar parks
- acting for a further education college on the £12 m development of a school
- acting for a National Health Trust on the implementation of its estate rationalisation project for the £120m development of a main entrance retail arcade, a patient hotel and the regularisation of its leasehold asset management that generated £80m income for the client.