Prior to joining Royds Withy King in September 2018, Laura trained at Withers LLP in London, qualifying into their Wealth Planning team in October 2015. Laura graduated from Durham University with a degree in History and completed her Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course at BPP Law School in London.
Laura advises domestic and international clients on lifetime and succession planning, with a focus on associated tax issues. Laura has particular experience advising non-UK domiciled and non-UK resident clients in respect of their personal affairs.
Her work includes:
- preparation of tax-efficient Wills, often for clients with international connections
- elderly and incapacity issues, including the preparation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney
- lifetime and succession planning for individuals and families, with a focus on inheritance tax and capital gains tax planning
- advising on the establishment and administration of UK and foreign trusts
- the creation of onshore and offshore structures to assist with the protection and efficient transfer of wealth
- advising trustees in relation to their ongoing duties and obligations
- domicile and residence issues
- implementation of tax-efficient structures for holding UK real estate.
Laura is a student member of STEP (Society of Trust & Estates Practitioners).
Outside of work, Laura enjoys hiking (particularly in the Lake District), going to the theatre and baking.