Katie has specialised in medical negligence claims since qualifying as a solicitor in 2007 and has worked on both sides of the claims procerss, having represented both NHS defendants and claimants.
Katie has specialised exclusively in claimant work since 2009. In July 2015, she was awarded Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel Membership Status.
Katie has diverse experience having fought and won claims concerning:
- brain injury in adults and children
- obstetrics and gynaecology
- orthopaedics including knee and hip surgery
- fatal accidents
- cauda equine syndrome
- bowel and gastrointestinal.
- Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel
- Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA)
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- Society of Clinical Injury Lawyers (SCIL).
Katie enjoys cycling, hiking, cooking and traveling. She once walked 62 miles in 29 hours for Oxfam.