In Chambers, Katherine is described as being “a consummate professional who goes the extra mile to find a solution“.
Described by The Legal 500 2018 as “exceptional”, Katherine specialises in all areas of family law including:
- Private law matters involving children – child arrangement orders relating to living and contact arrangements, parental responsibility, specific issue orders and prohibited steps orders.
- Public law cases involving children – Katherine represents both parents and children.
- Special Guardianship orders.
- Issues relating to domestic abuse and violence – non-molestation orders and occupation orders.
Katherine trained at Royds Withy King and qualified as a family solicitor in 2005. She was promoted to Associate in 2010, Senior Associate in 2015 and Partner in 2019. In 2011 Katherine qualified as a Resolution Family Law Mediator. Katherine is primarily based in Bath but divides her time between all of our offices.
Katherine is a member of the Law Society Children Panel and a Resolution accredited specialist in both children law and complex financial remedies. She has acted for the Official Solicitor on a number of occasions where clients lack capacity or are vulnerable.
Outside of work, Katherine’s interests include foreign travel and playing the piano.
- Law Society Children Panel
- Accredited Resolution Specialist in children law and complex financial remedies
- Resolution trained all issues Family Mediator – not currently practising.
- Association of Lawyers for Children