Having joined the firm in 2010, James acts for UK and international corporates and shareholders on a range of domestic and cross-border corporate finance transactions. James is recognised by industry publications as an “M&A specialist” and as “an excellent communicator who gives strong advice”.
James is a member of the firm’s Financial Services sector group and has advised businesses from across the sector, including asset managers, financial advisers and insurance brokerages on corporate finance transactions. James has also advised a number of FinTech businesses on a variety of debt and equity funding arrangements.
Recent transactions that James has advised on include:
- advising Fidelius Financial Holdings on its simultaneous acquisition of Chartered Financial Management (UK) from, and disposal of Parallel Investment Management to, Pacific Asset Management
- advising the shareholders of SearchStar on its sale to Welocalize
- advising Apollo MAM Group on the merger of Apollo Multi Asset Management and TWP
- advising the incoming management team in relation to the acquisition of Wealthtime by Anacap Financial Partners
- advising Shakeup Cosmetics on multiple equity fundraising rounds
- advising Socomec on the restructuring of its UK group