Hazel’s expertise covers sales and acquisitions, contracts, business structure, governance and refinancing. She also has experience of advising on and negotiating local authority framework agreements and tenders and has previously assisted numerous care providers in fee negotiations with funders.
Hazel has a thorough understanding of the regulatory systems operated by CQC, CSSIW, GPhC and OFSTED. She is regularly consulted by agents, accountants and banks in respect of queries over registration and compliance issues which may arise during an acquisition or sale. Her knowledge and reputation means she is often instructed in addition to the existing legal team.
Her clients include new entrants, sole traders, small and large groups.
Recent experience includes:
- acting for existing care operator in purchase of nursing home for £2.2m
- acting for sellers in sale of their care company for £5,7m
- acting for 18 home care group in £80m sale and leaseback to a US REIT
- advising sellers in sale of two-pharmacy group in Cornwall to a national corporate for £2.5m
- advising dental practice on re-drafting and updating of partnership agreement
- advising exiting sole trader on sale of dental practice in Bristol
- acting for first time buyer in purchase of day care nursery in Kent for £500,000.