Hazel’s expertise covers sales and acquisitions, commercial contracts, business structure, governance and refinancing. She also has experience of advising on and negotiating local authority framework agreements and tenders and has previously assisted numerous care providers in fee negotiations with funders.
Hazel has a thorough understanding of the regulatory systems operated by CQC, CIW, GPhC, OFSTED and the Charity Commission. She is regularly consulted by agents, accountants and banks in respect of queries over registration and compliance issues which may arise during an acquisition or sale. Her knowledge and reputation means she is often instructed in addition to the existing legal team.
Her clients include new entrants, sole traders, groups, charities and corporates.
Recent transactions that Hazel has advised on include:
- advising the shareholders of Gold Care Holdings on the £89m sale of the Gold Care Group to Omega Healthcare
- advising Somerset Care on the purchase of a regional domiciliary care business
- advising the shareholders of Sentinel Health Care Limited on the sale of a 5 nursing home group to Allegra Care
- advising the shareholders of Values in Care on the sale of its 18 home group to Swanton Community Care
- advising a multi-chain operator on the purchase of a pharmacy in Gloucestershire for circa £2m including negotiation of a management agreement
- advising a retiring pharmacy owner on the sale of a Dorset pharmacy for £1.2m