Emma is identified as “undoubtedly one to watch” by The Legal 500 UK, who also recognise her as “very personable and a delight to work with”, and “absolutely diligent in terms of her case preparation”.
She has in depth knowledge of the pre proceedings process, care proceedings and private law matters when the local authority is asked to assist the court. Her detailed knowledge of local authorities’ duties and their powers means that she is able to offer clear and robust advice, while ensuring that the correct process is being followed.
Emma has regularly dealt with complex matters including cases where allegations have been made of serious inflicted injury and sexual abuse. Emma conducts her own advocacy where possible.
She is able to undertake all work involving children, in particular:
- Representing parents during the pre proceedings process under the Public Law Outline.
- Representing parents, children (both through their Children’s Guardian and direct) and other family members in care proceedings where the local authority has made an application to court.
- Representing parents in respect of various issues, including obtaining parental responsibility, contact disputes and determining where a child should live.
- Special guardianship matters.
- Adoption and step parent adoption.
- Domestic violence matters.
Association of Lawyers for Children
Accredited Children’s Representative with the Law Society