Catherine joined our Construction & Engineering team in Bath from Ashfords in 2018.
Catherine has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating construction documents and advising different project stakeholders on procurement strategies for all types of commercial, large-scale residential and renewable energy development projects, where she has worked with a number of leading contractors, investors and developers.
Catherine’s experience includes:
- drafting and negotiating construction documents
- advising on NEC contracts
- acting for project stakeholders on procurement strategies for all types of commercial, large-scale residential and renewable energy development projects
- advising employers, funders, developers, consultants, contractors, and sub-contractors on all forms of construction and engineering contracts.
- playing a key role in advising members of EDF Energy’s Hinkley Point C supply chain, including on procurement using NEC contract forms
- being previously seconded to the in-house legal team of a major international energy and oil company
- advising on various forms of industry contracts, such as NEC, JCT, ICHEME and FIDIC
- acting for national retailers in connection with construction contracts for the fit-out of high-end retail units
- advising on the forward funding and construction of various mixed use commercial developments and associated infrastructure for public sector investors
- advising on construction security, including bonds, guarantees and latent defects insurance
- regularly running industry-based training seminars, for example, covering the NEC4 suite of contracts.