Caroline assists international and USA businesses on inward investment, litigation and dispute resolution in the UK. She has a focus on the USA market. Caroline’s UK and international clients benefit from her legal experience, commercial judgement and global network of trusted professional experts. She is trusted to deliver excellent service and strategic advice to other professionals and clients.
Caroline has numerous legal articles published and has been quoted in The Financial Times, The Times, The Guardian and specialist legal journals. She has been a speaker at the International Bar Association (Boston) and other prestigious conferences.
Caroline works with a network of trusted legal and professional advisors in the USA and globally to help our clients achieve their aims. She assists clients with UK legal interests or issues, and advises on all aspects of UK employment law, including:
- cross border employment disputes
- whistleblowing investigations
- contracts and dismissing employees
- poor performance issues
- misconduct allegations
- boardroom and bonus disputes
- restrictive covenants and team moves
- disciplinary and regulatory investigations in the UK and USA
- fraud allegations
- wrongful and unfair dismissal claims
- settlement agreements and exit packages
- business restructures
- equal pay.
Caroline’s work highlights include:
- advising on UK and international regulatory issues including FCA, DOJ and HMRC investigations. She has assisted clients relating to film financing tax fraud allegations and suspected manipulation of the foreign currency markets and insider trading allegations.
- resolving complex boardroom disputes and advising CEOs and board members of FTSE 250 and international companies and subsidiaries
- conducting and advising on complex whistleblowing investigations for FTSE 100 and high profile entities
- helping businesses deal with dismissing CEOs and other board members with complex high value remuneration packages
- advising on under-performing staff, large scale relocations and redundancies
- training Board members and senior managers on staffing and legal issues
- advising on complex and high value bonus, profit share or options disputes
- acting for senior individuals whose reputations and future marketability are highly important. Caroline has helped senior executive directors and employees negotiate seven figure payouts, increasing one person’s redundancy from £70,000 to £500,000.
- advising those working in the City including HSBC, Nomura, Credit Suisse, RBS, Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, Rothschilds and numerous financial services companies
- advising professional partnerships including well-known City and international law firms and accountants.
International Bar Association
San Antonio Chamber of Commerce, Texas