Caroline works closely with both businesses and individuals; this gives her strategic insight in working with all her clients to help them achieve their aims. Caroline’s clients benefit from her experience as a trusted advisor. She has successfully advised high-profile organisations and individuals and seeks to achieve commercial results through negotiation, rather than litigation, when this is in the client’s interests.
Caroline works alongside well-known UK and international companies. She regularly receives client referrals from leading law firms for specialist employment advice as she is trusted to deliver excellent service and strategic advice.
Caroline has numerous articles published including The Financial Times, The Times, The Guardian and specialist legal journals. Caroline has been a speaker at the International Bar Association (Boston, 2014) and other prestigious conferences.
Caroline advises companies and individuals on all aspects of employment law, including:
- contracts and dismissing employees
- performance issues
- conduct allegations
- boardroom and bonus disputes
- restrictive covenants on team exits
- disciplinary and regulatory investigations in the UK and USA
- fraud allegations
- wrongful and unfair dismissal claims
- settlement agreements
- business restructures
- equal pay.
Caroline’s highlights include:
- resolving complex boardroom disputes and advising CEOs and board members of FTSE 250 companies
- acting for high-profile clients who have had challenging issues including FCA, DoJ, regulatory and HMRC related matters including film financing tax fraud allegations, suspected manipulation of the foreign currency markets and insider trading allegations
- helping businesses deal with dismissing CEOs and other board members with complex remuneration packages
- advising on under-performing staff, union recognition, large scale relocations and redundancies
- training Board members and senior managers on how to avoid and limit risks
- advising on complex and high value bonus and profit share or options disputes
- acting for high profile and successful individuals whose reputations and future marketability are highly important. Caroline has helped senior executive directors and employees negotiate seven figure payouts, increasing one person’s redundancy from £70,000 to £500,000.
- advising those working in the City including Nomura, Credit Suisse, RBS, Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, Rothschilds and numerous financial services companies
- advising professional partnerships including well-known City and international law firms, accountants and architects.
International Bar Association