Calum is a member of our specialist Contested Wills, Trusts & Inheritance Disputes team. He is ranked as a Rising Star by the Legal 500 and a Star Associate in the Chambers High Net Worth Guide.
‘Calum Campbell is a solid private client and property litigator, combining a depth of legal knowledge with a tenacious approach to litigation, yet at all times keeping an eye on the client’s objectives. Legal 500
“He is very thorough, commercially minded and pragmatic,” while another commends him for being an “extraordinarily approachable, down-to-earth and engaging man.” Chambers High Net Worth Guide
Calum takes satisfaction in working with clients in a pragmatic manner to find a way through what are often challenging and upsetting circumstances.
His areas of expertise include:
- Challenges to the validity of Wills including issues of capacity, undue influence, lack of knowledge and approval, fraudulent calumny, execution and revocation
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants Act) 1975
- Claims to recover lifetime gifts
- Removal of Trustees and Executors
- Proprietary Estoppel claims
- Constructive Trust claims under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 including property related cohabitation disputes.
Full member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS).
Calum has two young daughters who take up much of his free time. When he is not cooking, clearing up, providing snacks to order or using his training to mediate disputes (mostly unsuccessfully), he likes to get out on one of his very many bikes. Calum is also a keen rugby follower, although, being Scottish, he doesn’t get to celebrate very often.