Calum is a member of our specialist Contested Wills, Trusts & Inheritance Disputes team. He has been recognised by Chambers and Partners UK (2018) as an Associate to Watch. According to an independent source “he is very thorough, commercially minded and pragmatic,” while another commends him for being an “extraordinarily approachable, down-to-earth and engaging man.” The Legal 500 (2017) comment that the team combine a ‘proactive approach in seeking to resolve disputes’ with ‘a high level of expertise’, recognising Calum individually as a “first-rate lawyer who finds innovative solutions to complex problems”.
Calum helps clients in relation to Will disputes whether they need legal advice to contest a Will or defend a Will. He advises on claims for financial provision, estate disputes and trust disputes.
Calum takes satisfaction in working with clients in a pragmatic manner to find a way through what are often challenging and upsetting circumstances.
His experience includes:
- challenges to the validity of Wills including issues of capacity, undue influence, lack of knowledge and approval, execution and revocation
- claims for provision under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants Act) 1975
- removal of Trustees and Executors
- Constructive Trust and Proprietary Estoppel claims
- claims under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996.
Calum is a full member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists.