Ashok’s legal career spans almost 40 years, having qualified as a barrister in 1977 and as a solicitor five years later. He was previously managing partner at AP Law and Balsara & Co. and joined Royds, now Royds Withy King, in 2012. Ashok’s clients have included insolvency practitioners at some of the largest accountancy firms in the country and several international banks.
- Shirley Jackson & 5 ORS v Subhash Kanji Thakrar & 13 ORS (2007)
- Standard Chartered Bank v (1) Pakistan National Shipping Corporation (2) Seaways Maritime Ltd (3) SGS United Kingdom Ltd (4) Oakprime International Ltd (5) Arvind Mehra (2003)
- Roderick Jones v (1) Subhash Mohanlal Patel (2) Brent London Borough Council (2001)
- Bank of Baroda v (1) Dilip Shah (2) Rashmi Gulbchand Maru (3) Subaghchand Shah (1999)
- Portsmouth City Football Club and UHY Hacker Young (joint administrators)
Ashok is a member of the Law Society.
Outside of work, he is passionate about golf.