Ashlee is an Australian Qualified Lawyer and joined Royds Withy King in May 2019 after relocating from Australia.
Since her admission in 2013, Ashlee has worked exclusively in employment law. In Australia her practice focused on advising employers in the mining, construction, hospitality, aged care, retail, IT and real estate industries on all aspects of employment law, including employment contracts, redundancy, minimum employee entitlements, anti-discrimination, restraints of trade, disciplinary matters, disputes over performance and transfer of business issues.
Ashlee has a keen interest in employment litigation and has acted across all jurisdictions in Australia in matters relating to:
- disputes over entitlements arising under contract and statute;
- employee status disputes;
- unfair dismissal, discrimination and general protections;
- breaches of fiduciary obligations and confidentiality at common law and statute;
- restraints of trade (including on an interlocutory basis).