Andrew has specialised in Family Law since qualifying in 2005. His clients are typically medium to high net worth individuals including business owners or managers, bankers, accountants, lawyers, surgeons, sports stars and personalities. He typically focusses on financial cases and associated issues involving arrangements for children. He has also acted in numerous cases where one parent has wished to relocate either within the UK or overseas.
The Legal 500 have recognised Andrew as being “firm but realistic with the other side” demonstrating his pragmatic approach and strong negotiating skills.
- financial cases involving assets of up to £15m.
- complex issues surrounding the value of interests in businesses, trusts, property portfolios, investment portfolios and pensions.
- acting for high net worth and high profile individuals including sports stars and television personalities.
- drafting pre-nuptial agreements and acting for parties in financial proceedings where the parties had entered into pre-nuptial agreements or separation agreements.
- cases involving complex pension issues in respect to unfunded Army, RAF and Police pensions and other issues such as non-shareable rights and appropriate levels of offsetting.
- obtaining orders to prevent the dissipation of assets by one party in financial proceedings.
- dealing with enforcement, variation and capitalisation of maintenance orders.
- successfully arguing exceptions to the Without Prejudice Rule to enable disclosure of otherwise privileged information to third parties.
- acting in numerous cases involving one party seeking to permanently remove the children from the UK or move to a distant part of the UK.
Andrew is a member of Resolution (the Solicitors Family Law Association) and is a Resolution Accredited Specialist (Advanced Finance I and Pensions).
Outside of work Andrew is a keen angler, likes to keep fit, watch live sport and spend time with his friends and family.