Following his decision to retrain in law and after an earlier career in education, Adrian qualified as an in-house solicitor with Oxford City Council in 2017. He joined Royds Withy King’s Employment & HR team from Bower and Bailey Solicitors in Banbury.
Adrian advises on all aspects of employment law. He is experienced in negotiating settlement agreements, advising on disciplinary and grievance procedures and representing clients in relation to a variety of Tribunal claims. Adrian is also part of the firm’s Business Immigration team.
Adrian’s experience includes:
- contract and policy drafting for commercial clients
- negotiating complex settlement agreements on behalf of both employees and employers
- guiding business clients through the Covid-19 crisis, focusing on resulting developments in employment law in regards to employee rights and the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- successfully representing claimants in discrimination and constructive dismissal claims
- successfully representing defendant employers in employment tribunal claims
- supporting Court of Protection trustees and deputies focusing on related employee relations and contractual issues
- supporting business clients in Tier 2 business immigration applications and associated sponsorship duties.
Adrian is co-chair of the Oxfam initiative Oxford Lawyers Against Poverty.
Outside of work, Adrian is somewhat obsessed with cooking, he is a keen traveller and delves into short story writing from time to time.