New System for Registration of Charges
Companies House in England and Wales has moved with the times. We can now register security online.
Who can register the charge?
The company or LLP that created, or acquired the property or undertaking subject to, the charge or any person interested in that charge (this includes the chargeholder and the legal advisers to the company, LLP or chargeholder).
How do they do it?
Generally, by submitting:
- a duly completed registration form:
- Form MR01 or Form LL MR01 (for an LLP), for a charge being registered under section 859A, of the Companies Act 2006 (CA 2006) or Form MR02 or Form LL MR02 (for an LLP), for a charge being registered under section 859C, CA 2006 (charges over property acquired by companies which is already subject to a charge).
- A certified copy of the instrument. Note that certain information may be redacted from the certified copy.
- If relevant, a copy of any court order made under section 859F of the CA 2006 to extend the period allowed for delivery of the particulars of that charge
- The filing fee, which is £13 in the case of a paper filing, and £10 for an online filing.
So with technology comes…………………………………..a £3 saving!
For further details on any of the issues covered in this update please contact Angela Stallard, Partner in Corporate and Commercial Department on 020 7583 2222 or email@example.com
Corporate & Commercial
Our corporate lawyers will get you the right deal and protect your business, now and in the future.