Mesothelioma and lung cancer education day - London, Friday 6 October 2017
Our specialist Asbestos-related Diseases team is holding a free mesothelioma and lung cancer education day in London.
This free education day will be of interest to all healthcare professionals who are involved in the management of patients with mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases.
Accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and Royal College of Nursing.
- 9.00am – 9.15am – Registraton
- 9.15am – 9.30am – Welcome from the Chair
- 9.30am – 10.15am – Vidan Masani, Consultant in Respiratory and General Medicine
Diagnosing mesothelioma and lung cancer
- 10.15am – 11am – Eric Lim, Consultant Thoracic Surgeon
Update on surgical trials for mesothelioma
- 11am – 11.15am – Break
- 11.15am – 12.00pm – Dr Peter Szlosarek, Consultant in Medical Oncology
Treatment for mesothelioma and lung cancer including the new wave of immunotherapy
- 12.00pm – 12.30pm – Nadza Tokaca, Research Fellow
The adequacy of image guided rebiopsies in non small cell lung cancer
- 12.30pm – 1.30pm – Lunch
- 1.30pm – 2.15pm – Patrick Kerr, barrister at 12 King’s Bench Walk
Causation in asbestos related lung cancer and the relevance of smoking history
- 2.15pm – 3pm – Lorraine Creech, Mesothelioma UK
Palliative care: symptom control and management of treatment related side effects for mesothelioma and lung cancer patients
- 3.00pm – 3.15pm – Break
- 3.15pm – 4.00pm – Mavis and Ray Nye
A patient’s perspective and The Mavis Nye Foundation
- 4.00pm – 4.15pm – Suzanne Bartington, former client
Perspective of the daughter of a mesothelioma patient and raising awareness of asbestos related diseases
- 4.15pm – 5.00pm- Helen Childs, partner at Royds Withy King
An overview of asbestos related disease claims, benefits and the Diffuse Mesothelioma Payment Scheme
- 5.00pm – 5.15pm – Q&A / close by Chair
- 5.15pm – Networking drinks
Venue: Royds Withy King office, 69 Carter Lane, London EC4V 5EQ. Closest Tube stops: Blackfriars or St Paul’s.
Date & timings: Friday 6 October 2017, 9.00am – 5.00pm
Cost: Free to attend with lunch provided. Networking over drinks and canapés after the event.
To book your free place, email or call our marketing team
0207 842 1509 email@example.com