Here to help with a claim for an accident at work
If you have suffered an accident at work you may be worried about more than your health. You will be worried about the effect on your income and your family, and want to obtain compensation at the earliest opportunity. That’s where we come in.
Call us now for a free consultation on whether you have a claim
0800 923 2068
- Top tier personal injury solicitors
- Offices serving all of England & Wales
- Accredited by the Law Society, APIL and AvMA
- No win, no fee funding available
Serious injury can occur anywhere from construction sites and factories to shops and restaurants. Every employer has a responsibility to:
- provide a safe system of work
- ensure equipment is suitable and reliable
- remove risks to health
- train employees to avoid incidents.
If you’ve suffered a serious accident, it will have been life-changing. You may have experienced complex injuries including fractures to limbs or amputation. You may face life-changing spinal or head injuries. Even relatively minor injuries could lead to more serious conditions, such as the Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and Chronic Pain. Fatal work accidents need to be handled with the utmost sensitivity. We can offer specialist legal support in all these areas.
With us on your side you can rest assured you’re working with an expert legal team that has a proven track record of dealing with accidents at work. Our Personal Injury team is independently recognised and recommended as being one of the UK’s leading firms.
Making a claim for an accident at work
Accident victims often think that their accident is just “one of those things”. You may even think that you are completely, or partly, to blame. In any event, you should take advice from a solicitor. In many cases employers will be held ultimately responsible; they are duty-bound to remove risks so that employees don’t have to take them.
You may also find it difficult to make a claim against your employer. This could be out of respect, or fear about the consequences. If you have doubts the following points may be helpful.
- Your employer should have insurance to pay compensation to injured people, known as Employers’ Liability Insurance
- Whilst the claim for compensation is sent first to your employer, after that it will be dealt with by their insurance company and your solicitor
- As an employee you have rights to prevent you from being treated unfairly or sacked
- If you are sacked your loss of earnings might be claimed in compensation for the accident
- It is not inevitable that everyone will find out about your claim
- Your sense of duty to your employer may be outweighed by your losses. Any loss of income can have a very serious impact on you.
- Ask yourself, would your employer make a claim if the roles were reversed?
Finally, you may be concerned about how to pay a solicitor’s legal fees. We can work with you on a ‘No Win No Fee’ basis, which means if your claim is unsuccessful you will have nothing to pay.
So, if you think you have a claim for compensation for an accident at work, be sure to get in touch with our specialist team. We will consult with you on whether you have a claim at no cost to you.
Whatever your situation, call us today for a free consultation on whether you have a claim
0800 923 2068