HR forum: employment status and the gig economy – a practical guide - Bath, Monday 10 July 2017
In the last few years the ‘gig economy’ has grown substantially. However, it has recently come under increased scrutiny and challenge through a number of high profile Employment Tribunal cases.
Applying the law on employment status is not straightforward and requires a detailed assessment of how someone is or will be working. Businesses need a practical understanding of how to apply the law to minimise the risks of disputes.
This HR forum will provide a practical guide on employment status, using case study examples, including:
• what is the gig-economy and how will it impact your business?
• what are the different categories of employment status?
• the relevant factors which determine a person’s employment status
• the key rights associated with each employment status
• a review of recent case law developments in the Pimlico Plumbers, Uber, CitySprint and Excel cases
• What’s on the horizon: a future of increased regulation?
Throughout the session, you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and discuss your thoughts on the different employment law issues that you’re likely to come across in practice.
Date: Monday 10 July 2017
Time: 12.30pm – 2pm. A light lunch will be provided.
How to book
Email email@example.com or call 01225 730 126.
Our event partner
Juice Recruitment is an innovative, dynamic and results-driven recruitment agency in the South West.
To book your place at this free event, please contact our Marketing team
01225 730 126 firstname.lastname@example.org