Specialist lawyers in life sciences, technology and innovation
“In a fast-moving environment, we can provide tailored solutions to help you stay ahead.”
Our multidisciplinary team of specialist lawyers have an in-depth understanding of the scientific and commercial needs affecting businesses on the Harwell Campus. We can help you protect your interests and secure future opportunities for growth. Whether it’s advice on intellectual property or employment, our proactive advice will help achieve a solution that’s right for you. First time round.
Experts for every situation
We regularly act for start-up companies, public sector organisations, universities, multinationals, and the pharmaceutical, biotech and medical devices industries. Our expertise covers the full range of matters for the Harwell Campus, including:
- Research and development
- Regulatory compliance
- Public procurement and contracting with the NHS
- Corporate advice covering contracts, employment and immigration, mergers & acquisitions, banking & finance, property and competition law
- IP identification, licensing, contracts and infringement advice.
Intellectual property rights
Your ideas and your products give you the cutting edge. If they are misused or appropriated by a third party, it can be extremely costly to your business. As intellectual property lawyers, we can put protection and contracts in place to help you safeguard what matters.
We can work closely with you on all areas of employment law throughout the lifecycle of your business, including finding and retaining the right people, protecting your business against every eventuality, guiding you through when an employment relationship breaks down and navigating the UK’s fast-changing immigration laws.
Data protection and information governance
Information and data are vital for your business. But one false move and you could find your business facing legal disputes and bad publicity. We can help you ensure that you are adhering to the very latest data protection legislation.
Disputes are stressful and can become costly. We can find workable solutions to minimise the impact on you and your business through proactive intervention, including negotiation, mediation and court action if needed.
We are particularly aware of the special requirements of smaller businesses. We can provide tailored packages of services to enable you to budget and keep control of costs, while still having access to expertise covering all aspects of business.
- Advising a biotech client on a PhD sponsored studentship agreement as well as advising them on a distribution agreement with a Russian exclusive distributor.
- Negotiating and drafting an agreement out-licensing patents, know-how and biological material for vaccine development to a global pharmaceutical company.
- Drafting a material transfer, technology license and joint R&D agreement for the co-development, manufacture and marketing of a vaccine product.
- Negotiating and drafting a patent license and material transfer agreement for the development of diagnostic assays by an international pharmaceutical company.
- Advising on lease agreements for leading companies dealing with solar energy, specialist synthetic biology and machine vision systems.