Royds Withy King – GDPR compliance hub
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force on 25 May 2018. It has brought with it important changes to data protection laws which are mission critical for all businesses and organisations.
It is essential that you know your responsibilities.
Why does compliance matter?
- Costly penalties! Fines of up to €20million or 4% of global turnover (whichever is higher).
- Gathering and processing personal data is a valuable asset for many organisations and is also necessary for the running of a business, for example in order to employ or engage staff.
- Failure to ensure security of personal data can severely damage a company’s brand and influence consumer buying decisions.
- Compliance with GDPR is an opportunity for organisations to better understand their data and use it in a smarter way.
- Compliance with GDPR will allow you to use personal data and continue to run your organisation without being at risk of a breach and fines.
What do the new measures mean for organisations?
- Increased accountability and governance
- Compliance is mandatory, steps will have to be taken
- Organisations must be able to evidence compliance
- The compliance requirements will differ for each organisation.
We can help
Royds Withy King has a dedicated and comprehensive team which covers all aspects of GDPR.
A one size fits all approach is not appropriate for compliance with GDPR as the steps needed will depend upon the type of personal data you collect and for what purpose. With this in mind, our team provides assistance covering the law and developing practical risk based solutions, all of which can be tailored to your organisation.
Follow our GDPR updates
There is a lot of discussion around GDPR and the implications for business, but there is still a large amount of uncertainty and speculation. Our GDPR team follow the legal developments and bring you updates as we continue to work closely with businesses on their journey towards GDPR compliance. Follow our monthly blogs on our website or email us on a firstname.lastname@example.org to receive them by email:
Developed for the unique needs of the life sciences sector, this free guide will cover the key areas concerning the gathering of data, all the way through to consent regarding personal patient information.