Royds Withy King – GDPR preparation hub
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will apply from 25 May 2018 and will bring with it important changes to data protection laws which are mission critical for all businesses and organisations.
It is essential that you know your responsibilities. You can test your level of knowledge today and take action before it is too late.
The final countdown – are you prepared?
Why does compliance matter?
- Costly penalties! Fines of up to €20million or 4% of global turnover (whichever is higher).
- Gathering and processing personal data is a valuable asset for many organisations and is also necessary for the running of a business, for example in order to employ or engage staff.
- Failure to ensure security of personal data can severely damage a company’s brand and influence consumer buying decisions.
- Compliance with the GDPR is an opportunity for organisations to better understand their data and use it in a smarter way.
- Compliance with the GDPR will allow you to use personal data and continue to run your organisation without being at risk of a breach and fines.
What do the new measures mean for organisations?
- Increased accountability and governance
- Compliance is mandatory, steps will have to be taken
- Organisations must be able to evidence compliance
- The compliance requirements will differ for each organisation.
We can help
Royds Withy King has a dedicated and comprehensive team which covers all aspects of the GDPR.
A one size fits all approach is not appropriate for compliance with GDPR as the steps needed will depend upon the type of personal data you collect and for what purpose. With this in mind, our team provides assistance covering the law and developing practical risk based solutions, all of which can be tailored to your organisation.
View and download your free GDPR guides
In this guide our team of GDPR experts provide you with guidance you need to get your data GDPR compliant, as well as providing you with a list of contacts for your business and your HR needs.
If you still feel that there are certain elements of GDPR that need clarification, this PDF guide will offer you the key points to focus on and help you to begin a compliance checklist.
Developed for the unique needs of the life sciences sector, this free guide will cover the key areas concerning the gathering of data, all the way through to consent regarding personal patient information.