Royds Withy King Supports FT Weekend Oxford Literary Festival
As a UK Top 100 law firm with a large office in central Oxford, we are perfectly positioned to support the FT Weekend Oxford Literary Festival – a series of controversial discussions led by high profile speakers which form part of the internationally-acclaimed weekend festival.
The Oxford Debates are taking place at Oxford Martin School from 17th to 25th March and will be led by historians, politicians, philosophers, economists and authors covering some of the most challenging topics of our time, including immigration, Brexit, climate change, education, Trump and the nature of evil.
Simon Bassett, lead partner in the Oxford office of Royds Withy King, said: “We are proud to be associated with the FT Weekend Oxford Literary Festival and the debates discussing some of the most challenging issues of our time. This provides us with a fantastic opportunity to engage with our clients and contacts while supporting our brand as ‘lawyers ahead of the curve’.”
Debates on Some of the Most Challenging Topics of Our Time
The Oxford Debates include:
• A Post-Brexit UK: How Should it Look? with Mariot Leslie and Lord David Owen
• Too Much Immigration? with Sarah Baxter and Christopher Bertram
• The Nature of Evil with Reverend Giles Fraser and Julia Shaw
• Welcome to the Post-truth Era with Matthew d’Ancona and Alice Thwaite
• How To Raise Good Citizens with Stephen Law
• Are British Christians being Persecuted? With Andrea Williams and Stephen Law
• Our Fractured Society with James Bloodworth and Claire Fox
To see the full programme of debates and speakers, and to book tickets, please visit the Oxford Literary Festival website.
Press enquiries should be directed to Natalie Birrell, Head of Marketing Communications at Royds Withy King on:
01225 459918 Email us
Keeping you informed about News news, events and opinion.