Our costs for applications for visas and visa extensions under the points based system
When applying for a visa or a visa extension there are many parts of the application that may feel like they are full of uncertainty. We believe that your legal fees should not be one of them.
No one likes surprises about their legal fees. This is why we set out clearly the costs for applying for a Tier 2 visa, or a visa extension, at the outset. We also list the services included in our fee and will advise you of any further charges for additional work.
Your questions on our costs and the process answered below
To help you through what can be an uncertain time, we have outlined the likely costs. We will provide advice and support to enable you to confidently complete your application for indefinite leave to remain or for naturalisation/British The total cost in your case depends on factors including your personal situation and history, and the type of job you are being sponsored to fill in the UK. Complications may arise where you have been previously refused a visa, have criminal convictions, or where you do not have sufficient funds to meet the eligibility criteria.
Lengthier applications take more hours to complete, and more complex matters require greater levels of expertise and seniority, which comes with a greater expense.
It is estimated that the total cost can range between:
- £1,250 and £1,800 + VAT
- our hourly rates are between £210 to £475 + VAT depending on the seniority of the lawyer working on your application.
- your circumstances and job offer/ current job in the UK
- whether your Tier 2 application has been turned down in the past, or where your leave has been curtailed previously
- the amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider
- which language(s) you speak
- whether you wish to apply with your spouse/partner and/or dependants. There will be a separate charge in respect of dependant visas.
If you are able to provide clear instructions and sufficient evidence at our first meeting to clearly meet the applicable immigration rules, the cost is likely to be at the lower end of the range.
If you choose to instruct us, it is highly likely that Kate Benefer or Olivia Coles in our Business Immigration team will either head up or closely supervise your application process.
The work will involve:
- one meeting with you to discuss your circumstances and to provide you with advice on the best option in your situation, as well as advise you of other routes to lawfully live and work in the UK which may be available to you. This meeting generally lasts between 1 and 2 hours.
- advising you on the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria
- if you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this could be overcome
- considering the supporting evidence you have provided which can be the most time consuming part of the application exercise. It usually takes between 1.5 and 3 hours to complete a review.*
- where applicable, assisting you to obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements). However you will be liable for any disbursements payable to third parties in respect of such further evidence.
- preparing your application which you will usually submit yourself. We anticipate completion of the application form will take between 1 to 2 hours.
- giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.
*the amount of hours depends on the number of documents, whether they need to be translated, whether originals are required or any are missing and how long it will take to obtain missing documents.
Any Home Office fees for making the application. You will pay this fee to the Home Office directly as part of the application process
We do not handle any of these additional transactions or disbursements, and you will be required to make these payments yourself, however if you need any assistance or guidance then we will be able to help you.
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. Read the current processing times.
We will normally be able to help you submit this type of application within two weeks of you instructing us. This is subject to you being able to provide us with clear instructions and information, and supporting documentation, in that period. We will let you know at the earliest opportunity if it is likely to take longer than this.
The rate you will be charged will depend on the location, the seniority, as well as the urgency of your legal work. The table below indicates the different pricing points for these criteria.
|Role||Standard regional rate||Standard London rate|
Please note the anticipated number of hours spent on a task, and the range of fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.